My God Hear our Prayers
Bless our Hermitage
Keep Us in your Prayers!
We Pray for the World
Don't Love Your Neighbor Like This!
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD. Leviticus 19:17-19 ... Do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this," declares the LORD. Zechariah 8:16-18 ... Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:30-32 ... To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices." Mark 12:32-34 ... The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Galatians 5:13-15 ... He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' ; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' " Luke 10:26-28
Signs That Someone Might Be An Orthodox Christian
You might be Orthodox if ...
Someone says I'm used to skipping breakfast on Sundays.
They don’t flinch when water is thrown on them.
Someone says they get great deals on Christmas trees and also Easter candy.
You hear someone say, why dose the Pope crosses himself backwards?
Someone says, "Let us pray..." you see someone start to stand up.
You hear someone say that a hour long church service to be "short."
Someone says, "Our priest is married".
They have a library of vegetarian cook books
Someone is talking about a ‘topless’ gal and it turns out to be a woman without a head scarf.
You are still in church more than ten minutes after the priest says, "Let us depart in peace."
Someone says they pray before they start praying.
At the end of Holy Week, you see someone with rug burns on their forehead.
Your at the movies, you see a couple sit on different sides of the theatre and when the show starts they stand up.
You see someone with only an oily forehead.
You hear someone say they only wear their most comfortable shoes to church.
Someone is bragging they go to church four or more times every week/
You hear someone say they always have a all-night party after Easter Church service, with alcohol and 10 dishes of met with cheeses.
Someone forgot to change their clock for Spring Daylight Savings Time and show up an hour late for church service but service was still going on....
A young woman says she has an collection of head scarfs
Someone said when their priest says, ‘Let us complete our prayer to the Lord’, there’s still a half hour to go.
This Conversation Actually Took Place:
Born Orthodox, from ‘the old country’: So I have heard you’re converting to Orthodoxy.
Born: Why would you do that? I myself was born Orthodox, and I’ll die Orthodox. I’d never leave my religion.
Convert: And out of curiosity, how often do you go to liturgy?
The born Orthodox shrugged: Never.
Inner Strength (dose this discribe you?)
If you can start the day without caffeine,
If you can get going without pep pills,
If you can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,
If you can resist complaining and boring people with your troubles,
If you can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,
If you can understand when your loved ones are too busy to give you any time,
If you can take criticism and blame without resentment,
If you can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him,
If you can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,
If you can conquer tension without medical help,
If you can relax without liquor,
If you can sleep without the aid of drugs, ...
Then You Are Probably The Family Dog!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
LESSONS FROM A DOG
1. Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
2. Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
3. When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
4. When it's in your best interest, always practice obedience.
5. Enjoy it when someone wants to rub your tummy.
6. Take naps and always stretch before rising.
7. Run, romp, and play daily.
8. Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
9. Be loyal.
10. Never pretend to be something you're not.
11. If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12. When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
13. Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
14. Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
15. Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
16. On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
17. When you are happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
18. No matter how often you are criticized, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout. Run right back and make friends.
19. If you stare at someone long enough, eventually you'll get what you want.
20. Don't go out without your ID.
21. Be direct with people; let them know exactly how you feel by piddling on their shoes.
22. Leave room in your schedule for a good nap.